King and Prince Resort, The Ultimate Getaway on St. Simons Island
The King and Prince Resort is a true gem of a vacation getaway. Located on St. Simon’s Island, a charming southern barrier island off the coast of Georgia, known for it’s beaches, rich history and numerous PGA golf courses.
A member of The Historic Hotels of America, the hotel has a storied past with many prominent guests who have called the resort home while on St. Simon’s Island. The resort has been thoughtfully updated with modern amenities while retaining it’s authentic southern charm with mediterranean architecture and southern decor throughout.
The accommodations range from resort view rooms to luxury villas suitable for large families and the most discerning travelers. The resort is also pet friendly with rooms specially allocated for our fur babies.
Amenities include multiple outdoor pools, 2 tennis courts, massage therapy, outdoor yoga and of course golf. The hotel’s restaurant ECHO offers oceanfront dining and cocktails and is the only official oceanfront dining venue on the island.
The fare at ECHO is American with a focus on seafood and the use of local ingredients. We enjoyed several meals at ECHO with breakfast being a favorite of ours. Lots of options from traditional to healthy with yummy smoothies to start off the day on the right foot.
At some point guests have to leave the resort to explore the island. Below is a list of our recommendations for where to eat, what to see and where to explore. This is only a small portion of what St. Simon’s has to offer and we look forward to returning to explore more!
- Lighthouse Trolley Tours run by Cap Fendig, a seventh generation resident of the island and a true expert on all things St. Simons. They offer trolley tours of the island, ghost tours, dolphin cruises and can be booked for private charters and special occasions.
- St. Simon’s Lighthouse Museum is a must visit to learn about the history of the lighthouse and it’s importance to St. Simon’s, then climb the stairs for amazing views of the ocean and surrounding islands.
- Gnat’s Landing offers American fare and drinks in a casual setting and is kid friendly. Try the Gnat’s famous slaw bowls! Come football season Gnat’s is the place to be.
- Georgia Sea Grill offers the freshest seafood on the island in an elegant and sophisticated setting. Perfect for a romantic dinner or a special occasion.
- Southern Soul BBQ is the most famous BBQ restaurant on the island having won several awards for its delicious slow- cooked meats and true southern style.